HITO+64 04 4991180| email@example.com |
HITO stands for the Hair and Beauty Industry Training Organisation. We’re appointed by the Government to develop and implement industry qualifications for the hair and beauty industries. We also set the standards for the qualifications for those industries including:
- New Zealand Certificate in Beauty Therapy
- New Zealand Certificate in Commercial Barbering
- New Zealand Certificate in Hairdressing (Professional Stylist)
- New Zealand Certificate in Hairdressing (Advanced Cutting)
We also manage the apprenticeship programmes for barbering, beauty therapy and hairdressing in New Zealand.
We establish and maintain the achievement of high quality and relevant barbering, beauty and hairdressing qualifications as an essential investment for the industry and its clients.
- Our Sales and Training team regularly visits and provides advice to employers and apprentices.
- We help employers looking for apprentices – check out our jobs page.
- We help potential apprentices looking for an apprenticeship.
- We administer the moderation process, ensuring that industry assessments meet national standards.
- We develop and produce training products and publications.
- We pay all hairdressing and barbering off-job training costs.
- We liaise with our industries to ensure that unit standards and qualifications stay current and relevant
HITO exists to provide leadership within the barbering, beauty and hairdressing industry so that trainees and employers experience the benefits of an excellent professional standard of hairdressing qualifications and ensuring that training is meeting the needs of employees, employers, industry and the Tertiary Education Commission.
- There were no results found.