Work for the NZ Hair and Beauty Industry Training Organisation!
The NZ Hair and Beauty Industry Training Organisation (HITO) is the government-appointed standard setting body for all the New Zealand Qualifications for Hairdressing, Barbering and Beauty Therapy. Working with our industries and NZQA, we develop, arrange and support education, training, and assessment for apprentices and trainees. Our vision is for 100% of people in our industries to have a New Zealand qualification.
Sales and Training Advisor: Wellington region
This role is pivotal to achieving our vision. You will be responsible for recruiting and supporting employers and apprentices/trainees get the training and qualifications they need for career and business success.
You will need to be excellent with people, customer-focused, self-motivated, well organised, and a problem solver. Experience with relationship management and the ability to support training are key to success in the role.
Hairdressing, Barbering or Beauty Therapy experience is an advantage and passion for the success of these industries is essential.
We currently have 7 regions across the country. This region covers Wellington, Kapiti and the Wairarapa, so travel is a requirement for the role.
This is a 2 year fixed term role and includes a company vehicle.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
To request a job description or apply, email email@example.com by 5pm 18th February 2020.
Please send a cover letter and CV.
Fixed term 2 years
Industry Support Coordinator
Are you outgoing, have an eye for detail, and enjoy a challenge? We would love to hear from you.
HITO is keen to talk to people who are passionate about our industry and committed to supporting our apprentices and employers.
We’re on the lookout for a superstar Industry Support team player to be based in our Wellington office. As part of the Industry Support team you’ll be responsible for providing excellent customer service to our industry trainees and employers, advice and support to our Sales and Training Advisors, industry assessors, coordination for final assessments, learner registrations, Gateway, moderation and assessment support, and general administration duties. We are looking for that special someone with fantastic customer service skills that is super organised, a team player, flexible, adaptable and who is always willing to help out.
If this opportunity excites you and you are keen to make a difference in industry based training, we would love to hear from you.
To request a job description or apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org by 18th of February 2020.
Please include a CV and cover letter.
Fixed term 18 months
Administrative and Office Support
Beauty Therapy Industry Assessors
HITO assessors play an important role in the qualification process, conducting assessments to ensure our graduates are fit for purpose and performing at the level our industries demand. We are always looking for new applications from experienced professionals interested in working as assessors on a contract basis.
As a contract Industry Assessor, you will be expected to:
- Assess practical assessments within the NZ Certificate in Beauty Therapy Level 4 qualification.
- Mark theory assessments, including for our Gateway secondary school programme.
- Complete thorough assessment notes and provide feedback to trainees on all assessments.
- Report results and completed documents to HITO.
Successful new applicants will participate in an induction programme and ongoing training as required.
Industry Assessors must meet the following criteria:
- Hold a NZ Certificate in Beauty Therapy (Level 4) or an approved equivalent.
- Be actively involved in a commercial clinic for a minimum of 25 hours per week.
- Have a minimum of three years’ experience following qualification.
- Have, or be actively working towards unit standards 4098 and 11552.
- Show currency through professional development within the industry.
Industry Assessors are required to:
- Be well organised and presented.
- Maintain a professional and inclusive environment.
- Be able to assess multiple candidates at the same time.
- Follow the Assessment Guidelines.
- Use effective communication with salon and barbershop owners, apprentices, HITO staff and other industry assessors.
- Ensure effective written record-keeping and reporting.
- Be involved in moderation.
Download the application form:
Email your application to email@example.com
Applicants must have New Zealand residency or hold a valid NZ work visa.
Education and training
Workplace training and assessment