Work for the NZ Hair and Beauty Industry Training Organisation!
The NZ Hair and Beauty Industry Training Organisation (HITO) is the government-appointed standard setting body for all the New Zealand Qualifications for Hairdressing, Barbering and Beauty Therapy. Working with our industries and NZQA, we develop, arrange and support education, training, and assessment for apprentices and trainees. Our vision is for 100% of people in our industries to have a New Zealand qualification.
Beauty Therapy Industry Assessors
HITO assessors play an important role in the qualification process, conducting assessments to ensure our graduates are fit for purpose and performing at the level our industries demand. We are always looking for new applications from experienced professionals interested in working as assessors on a contract basis.
As a contract Industry Assessor, you will be expected to:
- Assess practical assessments within the NZ Certificate in Beauty Therapy Level 4 qualification.
- Mark theory assessments, including for our Gateway secondary school programme.
- Complete thorough assessment notes and provide feedback to trainees on all assessments.
- Report results and completed documents to HITO.
Successful new applicants will participate in an induction programme and ongoing training as required.
Industry Assessors must meet the following criteria:
- Hold a NZ Certificate in Beauty Therapy (Level 4) or an approved equivalent.
- Be actively involved in a commercial clinic for a minimum of 25 hours per week.
- Have a minimum of three years’ experience following qualification.
- Have, or be actively working towards unit standards 4098 and 11552.
- Show currency through professional development within the industry.
Industry Assessors are required to:
- Be well organised and presented.
- Maintain a professional and inclusive environment.
- Be able to assess multiple candidates at the same time.
- Follow the Assessment Guidelines.
- Use effective communication with salon and barbershop owners, apprentices, HITO staff and other industry assessors.
- Ensure effective written record-keeping and reporting.
- Be involved in moderation.
Download the application form:
Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must have New Zealand residency or hold a valid NZ work visa.
Education and training
Workplace training and assessment