During your training you’ll learn to perform the following services:
- Acrylic nails (including pink and white, tips and sculpture).
- Gel nails (Hard Gel).
- Basic manicures and pedicures.
- Treatment manicures and pedicures with exfoliation, paraffin, hot oil and mask therapy.
- Creative work including French polish and nail art (ornamental and decorative).
You’ll also learn about:
- Nails, their growth, structure and conditions.
- The tools and products you need to work safely and professionally.
- How to recommend products for your clients.
- This is a traineeship, so you’ll need to be working and you learn your skills ‘on the job’.
To start with, you complete assignment work focusing on working in a salon. During that time, HITO will help you select a training workshop for your practical skills and a course for first aid units 26551 and 26552. You’ll then apply the practical skills you learn in the salon.
When you have become competent and feel confident, you create a portfolio that will include photos of your work. HITO will provide you with a guide on putting this together and help on other self-directed learning and assignments.
Someone from HITO will visit you regularly and help you put a training/learning plan together. You’ll also have access to a trainer and a specialist HITO support person.