Experienced but don’t have your New Zealand qualification? HITO can help:
Holding a Level 4 New Zealand qualification:
- Clearly shows New Zealand employers what skills you have
- Gives you a qualification that is respected across the world
- Allows you train apprentices and help others get qualified
- Opens up employment opportunities for your future
Who can apply?
- At least 5 years’ experience working as a beauty therapist* OR
- A recognised overseas beauty therapy qualification
- To be currently working in a beauty therapy business in New Zealand
- Conversational English
*Includes time at international beauty therapy schools
What is involved?
The process is different depending on how much experience you have, and if you have any previous qualifications.
All successful applicants receive a New Zealand Certificate in Beauty Therapy Level 4.
- A CV showing 5 or more years of beauty therapy industry work experience in a commercial workplace with detailed explanation of skills gained
- 2x written references regarding your experience in beauty therapy
- Proof of any industry qualifications achieved
- A health and safety plan (template below).
Once you’ve submitted your application form and those documents to HITO, you will:
- Have a professional conversation with a qualified beauty therapist. You will discuss your skills and make sure you understand everything involved in the New Zealand beauty therapy qualification.
- Sit a practical assessment to demonstrate your skills. The practical assessment will be dependent on gaps identified in the professional conversation and may be up to 2 hours.
- A verified copy of your international qualification.
Once you send in your application form with the above documents, you will have a professional conversation with a qualified beauty therapist. You will discuss your skills and make sure you understand everything involved in the New Zealand beauty therapy qualification.
If the qualified beauty therapist notes any skill gaps from your professional conversation, or if your qualification has not yet been mapped to the New Zealand qualification, you may need to complete a practical demonstration or some theory assessments. The practical assessment will be dependent on gaps identified in the professional conversation and may be up to 2 hours.
Special offer: If you have an international qualification from ITEC, CIDESCO, CIBTAC or City & Guilds, this programme will be free of charge until 31 October 2019.
- Copy of your ipsn certificate
Once you send in your application form with the above documents, HITO will verify and send you a New Zealand Certificate in Beauty Therapy.