What is IPSN?
The IPSN is a group of countries committed to raising the standard of hairdressing and beauty around the world. The IPSN has created a certificate that allows qualified hairdressers, barbers and beauty therapists to work in New Zealand, Australia, Hong Kong, Japan, and Korea.
The certificate costs $80.
The IPSN certifcate opens up exciting opportunities for working abroad:
• It proves your qualification is the same as the hair and beauty qualifications in other member countries.
• It helps you travel and work overseas.
• It shows the high standard of hair and beauty around the globe.
• It helps you develop professionally and continue growing your career.
How do I apply?
You’ll need to fill out the application form below and send in to HITO, along with:
• Verified* copies of your qualifications.
– Hairdressing applicants must have a copy of the New Zealand Certificate in Hairdressing (Professional Stylist) Level 4 or equivalent
– Beauty Therapy applicants must have a copy of the National Certificate in Beauty Services (Beautician) Level 4 and the National Certificate in Beauty Services (Body Therapy) Level 5.
• Verified proof that you have at least 12 months of work experience. For example, a letter from your employer.
• Verified proof of continued professional development.
• The $80 application fee.
*Verified proof means your documents have been verified (signed and stamped) by a Justice of the Peace, a police officer, or a school principal. You can have documents verified by a Justice of the Peace at your local Citizens Advice Bureau.