If you’re an experienced hairdresser in New Zealand on a work visa, HITO can help you gain your Level 4 New Zealand qualification.
Holding a Level 4 New Zealand qualification:
- Makes it easier to apply for residency as a Skilled Migrant
- Clearly shows New Zealand employers what skills you have
- Gives you a qualification that is respected across the world
- Allows you train apprentices and help others get qualified
- Opens up employment opportunities for your future
Who can apply?
- 7 years’ experience working as a hairdresser*
- Proof of your experience**
- To be currently working in a hairdressing salon in New Zealand
- A current New Zealand work visa
*Includes time at international hairdressing schools
**Proof of experience (CV, references from past and current employers, certificates from courses)
What is involved?
- You download and fill out an application form by clicking on the ‘Apply now’ button.
- You send us the application form, along with: a copy of your work visa, develop a health and safety plan, a letter from your current employer proving you work in their business, and proof of your experience in hairdressing (CV, references from past and current employers, certificates from courses).
- We assess your experience and make sure it matches the New Zealand qualification through a conversation with a qualified hairdresser.
- HITO contact you to arrange a time for a practical demonstration of your skills.
- You complete a basic first aid course.
- HITO issue your New Zealand qualification.
You’ll receive a New Zealand Certificate in Hairdressing (Professional Stylist) Level 4 and an ipsn certificate in Hairdressing. The ipsn certificate proves that your qualification is equal to qualifications in Australia, Japan, Hong Kong, and South Korea.