If you’re an experienced beauty therapist in New Zealand on a work visa, HITO can help you gain your Level 4 New Zealand qualification.
Holding a Level 4 New Zealand qualification:
- Makes it easier to apply for residency as a Skilled Migrant
- Clearly shows New Zealand employers what skills you have
- Gives you a qualification that is respected across the world
- Allows you train apprentices and help others get qualified
- Opens up employment opportunities for your future
Who can apply?
- 5 years’ experience working as a beauty therapist*
- Proof of your experience**
- To be currently working in a beauty therapy business in New Zealand
- A current New Zealand work visa
- Conversational English
- A health and safety plan (template below).
*Includes time at international beauty therapy schools
**A CV with a detailed timeline of your work experience, references from past and current employers and certificates from courses.
What is involved?
- You download and fill out an application form by clicking on the ‘Apply now’ button.
- You send us the application form, a copy of your work visa, a health and safety plan, a letter from your current employer proving you work in their business, and proof of your experience in beauty therapy (CV, references from past and current employers, certificates from courses).
- We assess your experience and make sure it matches the New Zealand qualification through a conversation with a qualified beauty therapist.
- HITO contact you to arrange a time for a practical demonstration of your skills.
- HITO issue your New Zealand qualification.
You’ll receive a New Zealand Certificate in Beauty Therapy Level 4.