Meet the 2017 HITO Next Generation Talent Awards finalists!
Our judges Bex Brent (owner at Willis York), Nadine Gratton (owner at Zabetti; HITO Apprentice of the Year 2014), and Ruth Irwin (Creative Director at Oscar & Co; HITO Trainer of the Year 2016) spent a long two days reading through a ton of incredible applications. Together, Bex, Nadine, and Ruth had the difficult task of choosing only two or three finalists for each of the HITO Next Generation Talent Awards.
HITO Apprentice of the Year
The HITO Apprentice of the Year award goes to the best “all-round” apprentice. Our judges selected one winner for each HITO region, with these regional winners going to to compete for the overall HITO Apprentice of the Year Award in November.
Our six finalists are:
- HITO Northern Apprentice of the Year: Callum Senior, Zurri Hairdressing, Auckland
- HITO Midland Apprentice of the Year: Machaela Robbins, Pamper Me, Thames
- HITO MidCentral Apprentice of the Year: Gracie Nisbet, MPhosis Hair Studio, Hastings
- HITO Central Apprentice of the Year: Jade Scott, VIVO Hair and Beauty – Tory Street, Wellington
- HITO Northern South Apprentice of the Year: Jared Kirk, Cuts @ Once, Richmond
- HITO Southern Apprentice of the Year: Jordan Carlton, Head Rush Hair Salon, Christchurch
Jasmine McBeth Memorial Scholarship
One of the toughest awards to judge, these three hairdressing apprentices showed passion, dedication, and commitment to their industry and to their apprenticeship. The overall recipient will receive a $3750 scholarship, with the two runners-up receiving $750 each.
Meet the finalists:
- Chloe Hetaraka, Halcyon Hair
- Joseph Benfell, Biba
- Tyler Nikora, Lifestyle Hair Studio
HITO Trainer of the Year
This award goes to a superstar trainer of HITO apprentices. The judges selected three trainers as finalists for this award. All our trainers work every day to help our industries grow, but these three trainers consistently go above and beyond to help trainees succeed.
Here are the finalists:
- Janine Simons, Mane Salon
- Natasha Bird, MPhosis Hair Studio
- Tammy Koteck, Head Rush Hair Salon
HITO Training Workplace of the Year
This award goes to a workplace that uses training to help their business succeed. Everyone in this business, from the newest apprentice to the owner, is 1000% committed to training. The judges selected two finalists for this award in 2017:
- Head Rush Hair Salon
- Zurri Hairdressing
Congratulations also to the Kitomba NZARH Business Awards finalists!
The winners of each award will be announced at the Industry Awards on Sunday 19 November at the Cordis Hotel (formerly known as the Langham) in Auckland.
We can’t wait to celebrate with all of you.
Buy your tickets from iTicket.