New Zealand is currently in the Red setting of the COVID-19 Protection Framework traffic lights system. During Red, most parts of life continue as usual, but there are some restrictions in place to slow the spread of COVID-19.
Find out more about life at Red here.
Off Job Training – Vaccination Requirements
All learners attending Off Job Training are required to be vaccinated, as per the government guidelines for attending in person tertiary education classes at Red.
Find out more here.
Finals – Vaccination Requirements
HITO require all learners sitting their final assessments to provide copies of their My Vaccine Passes to email@example.com before sitting their final assessments. Models are required to present their My Vaccine Passes on the day of assessment.
- Close-proximity businesses can operate only if My Vaccine Passes are required from customers. Close-proximity businesses include those in the hairdressing, barbering and beauty therapy industries.
- Vaccination for all close-proximity service workers is required.
- Businesses must display poster advertising if they require people entering to have a My Vaccine Pass. Workers should have a clear understanding of My Vaccine Pass requirements.
- All businesses and workplaces must display an NZ Covid Tracer QR code or other record keeping for each location.
- Signage must be displayed in a prominent place near the main entrance of the premises.
- Customers must wear face masks, and customer facing workers must wear a medical-grade face mask (unless the customer or worker is exempt).
You can find guidance for close contact businesses here.
You can find out more information about the Covid-19 Protection Framework here.
It is HITO’s expectation that all employers and apprentices follow the government guidelines regarding COVID-19.
Any specific questions regarding workplace requirements should be directed to Employment New Zealand.