As apprentices work in close contact with people, we recommend they keep up to date with Government recommendations around novel Coronavirus.
The Ministry of Health website is updated daily.
HITO recommends apprentices always practice good hygiene, including these steps published by the World Health Organisation:
• avoid close contact with people suffering acute respiratory infections
• wash hands frequently, especially after contact with ill people or their environment
• avoid close contact with sick farm animals or wild animals
• people with symptoms of acute respiratory infection should practice cough etiquette:
• maintain distance
• cover coughs and sneezes with disposable tissues or clothing
• wash hands.