Like so many aspects of normal life, apprentice training is going to look a little different while the country is in lockdown to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Like you, we’re hoping that the temporary closures of your workplaces will not last long. If you had off-job training scheduled during this time, it will be rescheduled as soon as possible when the providers open. If you had assessments booked, they will be rebooked when clinics, barbershops and salons reopen and travel is permitted.
Here are some ways you can continue your learning:
• Finish your theory workbooks and assessments for this year. If you don’t have them, or have left them at your workplace, we can email them to you. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Beauty apprentices can explore myHITO (http://myhito.nz). If you have forgotten your login, email email@example.com
• Hairdressing apprentices can look at the videos on HITO VUE (https://vue.hito.org.nz/). If you have forgotten your login, email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Practice styling on a mannequin – it will be busy when you return to work, so it’s a great time to nail techniques and timings. Post a photo of your work on the HITO Apprentices Facebook page (join the group if you haven’t already!)
• Research new ideas on the internet and social media – share what you love on the HITO Apprentices Facebook page or tag us on Instagram or Facebook with #nzhito
It’s important you stay motivated and keep paying your fees if you’re paying weekly. Your employers are eligible for a wage subsidy from the Government to keep paying you. If you are in financial difficulty, please talk to us about paying lower instalments or deferring payments for a short time. Talk to your Sales and Training Advisor or email email@example.com