Official Notice of the HITO AGM
We are pleased to notify our Board and Members that the New Zealand Hair and Beauty Industry Training Organisation Incorporated (“HITO”) Annual General Meeting (“AGM”) will be held on Monday 23 April 2018.
The meeting will take place at HITO Wellington Office, Level 2, 107 Customhouse Quay, Wellington Central commencing at 10.00am. Tea and coffee will be available at 9.30am.
HITO would like to invite applications for an appointed board member position on our board. This is alongside our applications for the elected board member position.
The board is looking to appoint a member that has extensive experience in the Beauty Therapy Industry, an interest in industry training and apprenticeships. Governance experience is also desired. This will also be listed on the IoD Website.
All Applications for the Appointed Board member position must be with the CEOs EA. (email@example.com ) by the 7th of March 2018.
The Board Appointment Committee will communicate their recommendations to members no less than 30 days before the AGM, i.e. Friday 23rd March.
The link to the application form is found below.
The important points related to the AGM are:
- Board Member Positions: Three Board member positions are available:
- Independent Board Chair. This role will be appointed in accordance with the HITO constitution. As per the HITO constitution, the incumbent is entitled to and has indicted they will be seeking reappointment.
- 1x Elected Board Member position to be elected at the AGM by employer members.
- 1x Employee Representative. Position to be elected at the AGM by trainee & employee members in accordance with the HITO constitution, the incumbent is eligible to, and has indicated a willingness to stand again.
- Applicants can complete the HITO Board Member Application 2018 (available at www.hito.org.nz/agm) and return it to Kay Nelson (HITO CEO) by no later than 10am 22nd February 2018 (60 days before the AGM).
- Motions and items of AGM business: If the Board or any Employer Members wish to submit any proposed motions (alterations to the HITO Constitution) or other items of business for consideration at the AGM these must be received in writing on the Proposed Motion 2018 form (available at www.hito.org.nz/agm) to the HITO CEO no later than 5pm Monday 26 March 2018 (28 days before the AGM).
- AGM paperwork including agenda, remits, previous minutes, Annual Report, voting and proxy forms will be emailed to members and available on the HITO website no later than Thursday 29th March 2018 (21 days before the AGM).
- Employer Member Delegates: Employer Members who wish to appoint a delegate to represent them at the AGM should forward, in writing, the name of their delegate to the HITO CEO by 10am Monday 16 April 2018. (7 days before the AGM).
- Member Representatives: Association Members, Education Members and Corporate Members can appoint a representative to represent them at the AGM. Forward in writing the name of the representative, and who they represent to the HITO CEO by 10am Monday 16 April 2018. (7 days before the AGM).
- Attendees: Any other HITO members who wish to attend the AGM must notify HITO CEO by 10am Monday 16 April 2018. (7 days before the AGM).
- Proxy & Electronic Votes: The deadline for submitting Postal and Electronic Voting Forms is 5pm Friday 20 April 2018 to the Returning Officer. (48 hours before the AGM)
- Proxy Forms: The deadline for submitting Proxy Forms is 9am Monday 23 April 2018 to the Returning Officer. (1 hour before AGM)
Proposed Motion 2018:
Appointed Board Member Application 2018: