If you’re a hairdressing apprentice who signed on with HITO after 1 Jan 2017, your ipsn certificate will be automatically included in your qualification when you graduate.
If you qualified with HITO before 2017, applying is for your ipsn certificate is still easy. You will need:
- A copy of your qualifications. These must be verified. Hairdressing applicants must have a copy of the New Zealand Certificate in Hairdressing (Professional Stylist) Level 4 (or equivalent), and Beauty Therapy applicants must hold the National Certificate in Beauty Services (Beautician) Level 4 and the National Certificate in Beauty Services (Body Therapy) Level 5.
- Verified proof that you have worked for 12 months or more, such as a letter from your employer
- Verified proof of continued professional development
- A completed application form
- To pay an $80.00 application fee
Verified proof means your documents have been verified (signed and stamped) by a Justice of the Peace, a police officer, or a school principal. If you do not have your documents verified we cannot accept them. You can visit a Justice of the Peace at your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
“Having a internationally recognised qualification like ipsn is important to me. I’m a tutor in beauty therapy, so having that international recognition will help my work” – Denise Stevens, Beauty Therapy ipsn.