Entries for the HITO Training Awards are open!
We’re looking for the best apprentices, tutors, trainers, and training salons. To win an award, you’ll be 1000% committed to training, a superstar in your field, and always ready with the next creative solution.
There are five awards available:
- HITO Apprentice of the Year. This award goes to the best all-round HITO barbering, beauty therapy, or hairdressing apprentice.
- HITO Trainer of the Year. This award goes to New Zealand’s best workplace trainer. If you train HITO trainees, this is the award for you (tutors should enter the Tutor of the Year Award).
- HITO Training Workplace of the Year. This award goes to a barbershop, beauty clinic, or hairdressing salon that goes the extra mile in training HITO trainees.
- HITO Tutor of the Year. This award goes to New Zealand’s top tutor in barbering, beauty, or hair who helps trainees get their national qualifications.
- Jasmine McBeth Memorial Scholarship. In memory of outstanding apprentice Jasmine McBeth, this scholarship goes to a hairdressing apprentice who shows passion, dedication, and commitment.
You must be involved with HITO to enter these awards.
Apprentice awards (HITO Apprentice of the Year and the Jasmine McBeth Memorial Scholarship) are free to enter. There is an administration fee of $30 for the Trainer of the Year and Tutor of the Year, and an administration fee of $50 for the Training Workplace of the Year. We will provide payment details along with the application form.
To apply for the HITO Training Awards, download an application form below. Entries are due by 1 September 2017.
The HITO Training Awards are part of the Industry Awards. The Industry Awards is an annual celebration of excellence in business and training. A joint collaboration of HITO, Kitomba and the NZARH, the Industry Awards are a highlight feature on the industry calendar.
The Kitomba NZARH Business Awards are also open for registrations. Click here to register.