We are excited to announce the renaming of the HITO Training Awards to the HITO Next Generation Talent Awards. This name will better reflect the role of training in ensuring the future of our industries and supporting our future superstars through apprenticeship training.
Entries for the HITO Next Generation Talent Awards are now closed. We will announce the finalists at the end of September.
The HITO Next Generation Talent Awards
We’re looking for the best apprentices, tutors, trainers, and training salons. To win an award, you’ll be 1000% committed to training, a superstar in your field, and always ready with the next creative solution.
There are five awards available:
- HITO Apprentice of the Year. This award goes to the best all-round HITO barbering, beauty therapy, or hairdressing apprentice. HITO gives the winner $500 towards professional development and gives each regional winner $150 towards professional development.
- HITO Trainer of the Year. This award goes to New Zealand’s best workplace trainer. If you train HITO trainees, this is the award for you (tutors should enter the Tutor of the Year Award). HITO give the winning trainer $500 to spend on professional development.
- HITO Training Workplace of the Year. This award goes to a barbershop, beauty clinic, or hairdressing salon that goes the extra mile in training HITO trainees. HITO gives the winning business $1000 to use on their professional development.
- HITO Tutor of the Year. This award goes to New Zealand’s top tutor in barbering, beauty, or hair who helps trainees get their national qualifications. HITO gives the winning tutor $500 to spend on professional development.
- Jasmine McBeth Memorial Scholarship. In memory of outstanding apprentice Jasmine McBeth, this scholarship goes to a hairdressing apprentice who shows passion, dedication, and commitment. The recipient receives a $3750 scholarship, with up to two runners-up receiving $750 each.
You must be involved with HITO to enter these awards.
The HITO Training Awards are part of the Industry Awards. The Industry Awards is an annual celebration of excellence in business and training. A joint collaboration of HITO, Kitomba and the NZARH, the Industry Awards are a highlight feature on the industry calendar.
The Industry Awards are Sunday 19 November at the Langham Hotel in Auckland.
Tickets are on sale now.