Work for the NZ Hair and Beauty Industry Training Organisation!
HITO is responsible for developing and implementing industry qualifications for the hairdressing beauty therapy and barbering sectors. We want employees who are passionate about our industry and committed to supporting our apprentices and employers.
HITO – Assessor and Moderator (Hairdressing & Barbering)
The NZ Hair and Beauty Industry Training Organisation (HITO) is responsible for developing and implementing industry qualifications for the hairdressing beauty therapy and barbering sectors.
We are on the hunt for a full-time Assessor & Moderator to be based in Wellington with remote considered.
This roles position purpose is to:
- To assume responsibility for quality verification and assessment for HITO learners and employers.
- To complete Internal HITO moderation and National External Moderation as per HITO requirements.
- To assist (where directed) resource development, including online.
- To provide subject matter guidance for Hairdressing and Barbering.
Applicants should have the following:
- Qualified Hairdresser
- Qualifications/Knowledge of Barbering highly desirable
- Adult Teaching Qualification (including Assessment Design and Moderation)
- Numeracy and Literacy Qualification
Proven knowledge and experience (at least 5 years) in:
- Teaching and Learning
- Development of a range of resources (including online)
- Stakeholder engagement
- Hairdressing and Barbering Industries
Must be competent and confident in using computer-based teaching and learning and online/distance forms of communication and record-keeping:
- Student Management Systems
- Learning Management Systems
- Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook
Self-management and administration
- Timetabling and appointment making
- Effective use of resources
- Effective communication
- Effective document control and record-keeping
- Self Assessment
The successful applicant will report to our General Manager Learning & Development.
This is a full-time, 1 year fixed term contract. Travel is required for this role.
To request a job description or apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm 15th of March 2018.
Please include a CV and cover letter.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
$60,000 – $65,000
Workplace training and assessment